Saturday 19 January 2013

Things to be glad for

1. I don't know if I could get arrested for saying this, but I didn't go to the cinema to watch the recent release of Les Miserables, instead I watched it on the internet, and I am very glad that I did this. My reasoning is simple, having watched it in my bedroom, I became suddenly very aware that I knew all the words, pretty much to the whole film, and I have one of THE LOUDEST VOICES when I sing. If I had gone to the cinema to watch this, there would be a room full of very annoyed people by the end.

2. I've started to learn my scales THANK GOD, starting to think I might actually pass my technical woo.

3. I joined Traditional Music Ensemble, and it's a lot of fun!

4. Today I changed my bed, and my sheets are so soft, and clean, and floral smelling, and it's made me very happy.

5. I ordered chinese last night, but I've recently lost quite a substantial amount of weight (my complete accident I might add), and so there was more than half of it left by the time I finished eating yesterday, and so I reheated it today and ate some more of it - 2 meals for the price of one!

6. I finally cracked on with some of my academic work today, and there's now a chance I might finish it in time. 

7. Scented candles. They make everything seem better.

So, this list of things to be glad for should ease the negativity of the following rant.
WHAT IS WITH THIS WEATHER?
It's been snowing on and off for nearly 48 hours now. The roads are dangerous, the pavements are dangerous, everything is slippery, and it takes me twice as long to get anywhere. And sorry to state the obvious, but its also really fucking cold.
The first time I see snow every Winter, I get very over excited, like a kid at Christmas, and I really don't know why, because once I get outside I realise I actually really hate it. It disrupts life for everybody - for some people it stops them from getting to and from important places, or trains stop running, and buses stop running, and cars shouldn't be on roads, and for the rest - they use it as an excuse for a day off. Yesterday we received a text from college saying one of the buildings was shut, then five minutes later we were told it was now open, and then there were s many messages about what was going on with the canteen that no one knew what was happening. AND THEN, I had to attend a very pointless Performance Class that our accompanist couldn't make, so I had to listen to unaccompanied violin sonatas for and hour and a half. So now I am sat in bed, eating day old chinese, staring at my half finished work, watching Christmas films, and wondering what is life? And to make matters worse, I turn twenty in just under a fortnight. I think I'm having a mid life crisis.

Another slight annoyance is that my Dad's birthday was this week, and I obviously couldn't be there as I live in Wales and he doesn't, and I am very busy, so I sent him a hilarious card from Moonpig, and then asked my Mum to get him something nice from me. So my little brother rings me on Sunday night, and he tells me that they bought my Dad ear hair trimmers from me. EAR HAIR TRIMMERS. There is no chance at all that this is what I would have got my Dad for his birthday. NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER. 'Something nice'... chyeah.

There's only one thing that can cheer me up right now...
brb, hibernation.

No comments:

Post a Comment